Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Sunday in Grange Park



(l-r Paul and Gemma Walker, Bishop Starks, me)

On Sunday June 25th I was received into the Anglican Catholic Church during Mass at the Mission Church of Saint Theresa of Lisieux in Grange Park, Northamptonshire by Bishop Rommie Starks, episcopal visitor of the Diocese of the United Kingdom. During the same service, a young couple, Paul and Gemma Walker, were confirmed by the bishop.

St Theresa's is in the care of Fr Christopher Bosworth, and the chapel is in his home. He and his gracious wife Cathie were our hosts for the day, which included a lovely buffet lunch of salmon and other wonderful things.

During my visit of only a few hours, I had an opportunity to meet privately with the bishop to discuss matters relating to my own future in the ACC, and which may extend to my being accepted as a postulant for Holy Orders. I also had a long chat with Fr Damien Mead, the bishop's vicar general and my "contact" in the diocese.

Fr Damien joked that when people complain about how far they have to travel to attend Mass at an ACC church he would use my example, noting that I had traveled all the way from Cyprus to England. I warned him that this might not be such a good idea, given as how on my budget I would be hard pressed to make it once a year!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Fr Matthew Kirby said...

Welcome to the ACC, Albion!

I hope you had a wonderful time in the service and with your hosts. May every blessing be upon you and your ministry!

Albion Land said...

Thanks, Matthew.

Just remember, it's all your fault!

The Lemonts said...

Congrats to you! I hope you enjoy your blessing!